Cartersville Middle School Band DC 2024
March 18-22, 2024
Join your friends as you take an in-depth tour of our Nation's Capitol-Washington, D.C. Your trip will take you to places like the Smithsonian Museums (American History Museum, Natural History Museum, Air and Space Museum, and more), National Archives, National Monuments (Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, MLK Memorial, etc.), George Washington’s Mt Vernon, Ford’s Theater, U.S. Capitol, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and National Holocaust Museum.
Payment Plan Options
- Pay In Full ($1,250)
- Six Installments ($250 deposit, $200 monthly)
The pricing is based on triple occupancy.
Credit Card Transactions have 4% Service Fee
You will select a payment plan for your student during the registration process. If you choose to pay online using a credit card, your cost will include the 4% fee. If you choose to mail in payment, you will be able to print an invoice after your registration. Please mail that invoice in with your payment to ensure the proper account is credited. You will receive an email each month with a payment reminder.
If you are mailing in a payment, checks are to be made out to Georgia Center for Civic Engagement and mailed to PO Box 3789, Cartersville, Georgia 30120. Please be sure to include your student's name on the check.
Students are allowed to bring:
- A medium sized suitcase (to be checked)
- A backpack (carry on)
- A pillow (carry on)
Recommended Packing List:
- School-appropriate clothing for the entire trip.
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Appropriate toiletries (deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Camera/Cell Phone
- Books, magazines, playing cards, etc.
- Snacks (not all candy) in re-sealable ziploc-type bags
- Drinks (and water) in twist top bottles
- No more than $50 in spending money
- Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, and bug spray
What NOT to Bring:
- Portable DVD players or game consoles (Xbox, PS3, etc.)
- Drinks in cans
- Red Bull type energy drinks
- Anything prohibited by your school handbook or the law
- Gym bags as a carry on
- Large amounts/denominations of cash
- Fancy clothing or any clothing that does not meet school dress code
- All prescription medications must be submitted to your school’s trip leader with specific directions for administration/dosage.
- Medications should be in original packaging/bottle.
- All medications should be listed on the Medical Release Form.
Students are responsible for their own belongings. Neither your school or the Georgia Center for Civic Engagement are responsible for lost or damaged items.
Parents, please make sure your student only brings items that are permitted.
Trip Cancellation Insurance for those participating in the Tour of Georgia in included in the registration fee. The Insurance plan is administered through C&F Travel Insurance International.
Your Trip Insurance Package has two parts:
1) Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR): This option allows you to cancel your child's participation in the trip for any reason within 72 hours of the trip's departure date. The policy will provide up to 75% reimbursement of your fees using this option.
2) Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Coverage
The trip insurance issued by Travel Insured would reimburse your non-refundable trip expenses (registration fee) in the following situations:
- Your or a Family Member’s death, which occurs before departure on Your Trip;
- Your or a Family Member’s covered Sickness or Injury, which:
a) occurs before departure on Your Trip,
b) requires Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation resulting in medically imposed restrictions, as certified by a Legally Qualified Physician, and
c) and prevents Your participation in the Trip;
In the case of illness, you will have to provide a doctor’s note to the insurance company as part of your claim.
- Your primary place of residence or destination being rendered uninhabitable by fire, flood, burglary or other Natural Disaster. Note: Benefits are not payable if a storm, snow storm, blizzard or hurricane is named on or before the Effective Date of Your Trip Cancellation coverage;
- Your being directly involved in a traffic accident, substantiated by a police report, while en route to Your scheduled point of departure;
- felonious assault of You within 10 days of the Scheduled Departure Date;
- involuntary employer termination or layoff affecting You. Employment must have been with the same employer for at least 1 continuous year.
Cancellations made within 72 hours of trip departure using this coverage will reimburse up to 100% of your fees using this option.
Requirements to Make a Claim
- To make a claim, your registration must be paid in full.
- All cancellations must be reported to the Georgia Center for Civic Engagement staff in writing within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel. If the event delays the reporting of the cancellation beyond the 72 hours, the event should be reported as soon as possible. All other delays of reporting beyond 72 hours will result in reduced benefit payments.
- Provide written notification of cancellation to the Georgia Center for Civic Engagement within 72 hours of the event.
- Receive from the Georgia Center for Civic Engagement necessary forms (registration/payment confirmation/receipt, claim form, etc.) along with policy number.
- Submit the required documentation to the insurance company to initiate the claim. At this point, you will follow their claim process.
We are more than happy to assist you if we can.
The quickest way to get a response is to email us at email@example.com for general inquiries and firstname.lastname@example.org for student account related questions.